Friday, May 7, 2010

sleepless nights.

Last night was the first night my pregnancy actually interfered with my sleep.
I first woke up to what I recently learned is heartburn.  
Then I realized I was about to pee my pants, as usual.
After going pee I decided to bore myself to sleep,
I tried reciting the 13 original colonies.


Because I'm such a nerd, I was able to remember them all.
Next I pictured a map of America,
and starting from the west coast I named all of the states and their capitals.

I never did remember the capital of South Carolina nor North Dakota.
After struggling for way to long trying to remember these stupid capitals.
My tummy began to growl, after all,
I had used A LOT of brain power trying to imagine
a map and states and capitals.
So I had a granola bar and a glass of milk.

I decided to go back to the basics and count sheep. 
I didn't make it very far because I got annoyed not only with the numbers,
but Chris started snoring, unbearably loud.  
So I elbowed his side and he rolled over quickly.
I was up from 1:30 - 4:30. 
I had just dozed off when Chris' alarm went off at five.
Its gonna be a long day.  [:

No comments:

Post a Comment