Monday, May 3, 2010

pitter patter

At 9:30 a.m. I laid back on the hospital bed, the thin paper-covering crackled beneath my weight.  The doctor attempted to keep my lose limbs on the table, but even with the extender at its max my feet were still hanging off the edge.  Being nearly six feet tall, I didn't expect to fit comfortably on the small bed.  I waited to hear something, anything as she ran the small device over my exposed belly.  A few minutes seemed like an eternity, I heard a faint noise.  She could see the excitement in my eyes, and immediately she let me know that what I had heard was my own heartbeat.  I became slightly flustered and I could feel my pulse speeding up, "Where is my baby?" I thought.  And just as I began to lose hope, there it was.  Chuga-Chuga-Chuga.. It sounded like a little choo-choo train.  I couldn't help but cry, I have waited 14 long weeks to hear that sound. Our little tadpole is so active that she could only keep it still for a minute at most, it actually kicked her hand away!  I was so nervous for today, and hearing that fast little heartbeat has helped put my mind to ease.  I can't wait to have this baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment