Tuesday, March 1, 2011

far too long.

Lately my life has been a bit of a whirlwind.  My baby girl is now FOUR months old.  The past few months have been amazing.  In a quick summary:

November- Thanksgiving, was our last holiday with Jason, Kaylee, and Eisley Cohen.  We had a wonderful time together, eating great food and being thankful for our friendships.

December- On December 22nd, we had to say our tearful goodbyes to Jason and Kaylee.  Because of the army transportation guys taking their sweet time packing up their house, we had to rush our goodbyes. Eis and Ave had their first set of vaccines that day, and since Jason couldn't take Kaylee to the dr.  I went with her.  It was so crazy to me that our babies were already two months old!  We hurried back to my house afterward and I quickly finished packing.  Jason drove us to the airport.  I'm still so sad that we didn't get to spend our last day together, relaxing and enjoying our final moments in Alaska.  :[  Chris, Ave, and I got to the airport too late for our initial flight.  After having such a traumatic day, I completely broke down.  Of course the airport attendant did not care to hear my story, and even though our plane hadn't left the runway yet, they wouldn't let us board the plane.  After A LOT of frustrating phone calls to Delta, Alaska Airlines, and a few other airlines, the senior flight attendant took pity on us and put us on the next available ERA flight. I have never been more grateful for a puddle hopper plane in my life! haha. They comped our flight, and we made it to Anchorage.  From there, we had to re check through security.  Chris was carrying ALL of our luggage and he had to run from one end of the airport to the other.  Ave and I went through security and made it to the terminal as they were boarding.  I was begging, yet another flight attendant to wait just a few minutes, as Chris was trying to get all of our bags checked and still had to go through security.  Eventually he came running through the crowds of people.  Once we boarded that flight, we were home free.  We landed a few hours later in Seattle and from there we finally made it home to Salt Lake.

It was December 23rd when we finally got home.  Chris and I were so beat we spent the day sleeping and my elated family took care of Avery.  haha.  Thankfully we were staying at my mom's so we had a lot of much needed help.  On December 24th it's tradition for my mom's side to get together to celebrate Christmas.  Being surrounded by family was all that I ever wanted for Christmas.  Especially since last Christmas was so rough on Chris and I, it was wonderful to spend time with people we love.  Christmas Day we spent with Mark Molly and the girls.  And more of Chris' extended family.  It was so much fun.

January- New Years!  Chris and I were lucky enough to be able to spend New Years at home as well.  We spent it with our second family the Levies!  Erin Dylan's girlfriend, and Talena Ryan's girlfriend were also there.  Cameron Drane tagged along too and it was a blast!  We played cranium with my grandma and grandpa, and it was the FUNNIEST thing I've done in a long time.  My grandpa Halford is one of the sweetest men in the whole world, and everyone knows his hearing is really bad, so playing a game with him was beyond hilarious.  After cranium we played Pictionary on the wii.  Oh my gosh, I was on my grandma and grandpa's team.  And we won!  It was a fabulous night, that I will always cherish.  I'm so thankful for my crazy, wonderful family.

21st Bday!  Chris and I have the same birthday.  I flew standby to get back up to Fairbanks.  I'd been trying to get on a flight since Sunday, January 16th.  But God had other things in mind.  Tuesday, January 18th my Aunt Rae flew in from OK.  Her flight landed a few hours before mine took off.  She hadn't met Avery yet, so we met up at the airport and hung out before my flight left.  God is so good!  I made the flight which allowed me to be home with Chris on our birthday.  And because I waited until Tuesday Avery was able to meet her auntie!! It worked out so perfectly.  I was really sick by the time I landed, and I spent my birthday sleeping while Chris worked haha..

February-  Chris left on February 5th, to train in Cali at the NTC.  Needless to say we didn't get to spend Vday together.  But Chris had a miche bag mailed to me!  It was so sweet and thoughtful of him.  I honestly thought that he had forgotten all about it, as I'm generally the more sentimental one.  Anyway, I can't believe that it is now March, this year is FLYING by.  I love my family so much, and Chris should be home from training soon.  I can't wait to see him, he's the best man in the world. and I'm so lucky to call him mine.  [:

No comments:

Post a Comment